Labor management meeting notes
Present: Ronda Palm APM, Kevin Pohlman MM, Michael Brannum MMO, Rosalyn Edwards PS, Linda Turk IPC, Jamesa SMP, Gregory Fivecoat UP, Renee Rodgers NMHVP, DePriest Henderson UVP, Waylon MacDonald US, Roshell Murray CCD Gregory Mills MCD, Ray Woefel US, ,
New Business Discussed items
1. Response to NDC employee testing positive was weak and ineffective, poor communication on issues concerning other employees awareness of incident, rumors flew, area was not shutdown for 24 hours as per CDC guidelines and cleaning was not witnessed by any union officials,
2. Employees being threatened with discipline for using sick leave related to covid-19, APWU MOU cited that covers all SL absences from Mid-February into the summer. Ronda P will talk to Debbie Johnson SMO about issue as it was improper.
3. Additional cleaning frequencies are leaving bleach stains on doors due to custodians not wiping after spraying bleach solution on doors handles and damaging time clock plastic keys, alcohol would be better. The larger barrel type dispenser hand wipes do not have enough alcohol to maximize germ killing with Lysol hand wiping cloths are back ordered.
4. Hand washing on the floor restrooms with poor water streaming and blow dryers are below CDC standard as blow dryers blow germs all over the restroom paper hand towels in most bathrooms for managers but not on workroom floors, Postal hand washing videos show sink, soaping and paper hand towels in use. Barrel type hand wipes will be installed just outside of Control room.
5. NDC could look into steam cleaning tools that could be used to sanitize a work area as needed.
6. Hard hat requirement versus a bump cap discussed due to Mail handler filing a 1767 safety complaint due to not wanting to wear a bump cap.